Thursday 12 April 2018

Tick tock tick tock!



I cannot believe that race day is approaching so quickly!   Sunday will be my last "run" run  and then I will be pretty much relaxing for the remainder of next week.

Typically,  whilst I have avoided all the nasty bugs and flu through the winter period, I have since last week (blaming swimming with the children!) picked up a really irritating dry cough that is really bothering my sleep.

I purchased a basic cough remedy from Lloyds Pharmacy today and was amazed after swigging it at my desk in work this afternoon that it contains ethanol along with all the really nasty E-numbers.   As expected, it has done little to alleviate the symptoms but at the very least it could help me stay awake if I was able to swig it around London on the 22nd.

Did an interval training session with two club members from Parc Bryn Bach yesterday afternoon around the Beechwood in Llangattock and whilst it was hard work, I have since felt really energised. So much easier to run with others who are better than you as it raises your desire to keep up - big thanks to Sian and Phil for the encouragement!

Right - am off to have another Tumeric tea in an attempt to rid this pesky cough before bed...wish me luck.




No comments:

Post a Comment