Monday 23 April 2018

Collecting the Race number!

Like the Von Trappe family, we headed off  bright and early to the ExCel Exhibition Centre in London to go and collect the coveted Race Number and timing chip. 




I felt like a child in Willy Wonka's Factory - all those lovely things to try, browse and buy - my poor suffering family smiling in confusion at how I could enjoy such "STUFF" to look at.    Loads of really interesting "other" marathon destinations to choose in the future, bits to eat and drink and the usual merchandise to purchase and keep the little ones happy :)

My youngest however had a nasty shock when she knocked back a beetroot shot thinking it was  a blackcurrant juice....I cannot post a picture as it would be unfair and cruel as the poor thing was NOT HAPPY!  Needless to say she would have blended well into a vampire party as a result.

After speaking to my friend J9 who called to wish me well on Friday, I bought a Visor which made me feel rather American and be wielding a golf club, but dear God, how much would I value that purchase with what I now know was to come.   A brilliant piece of kit at a reasonable £15.


However, my highlight of the morning was meeting up with my Ab Guru - the man himself......... 
Mr Joe Wicks!   Considering the amount of people who were keen to have the obligatory pose with the man himself, he really was very down to earth and personable - pretty much as on his Body Coach TV series.

I thanked him for his 10 min Ab sessions which I have been doing regularly, as it really has helped to strengthen the areas I have previously always neglected.   I am convinced it has helped me in avoiding the risk of picking up major injuries as part of my marathon training.


As you can see - I was a bit pleased with myself and even managed a cheeky "cwtch" of his torso!

A brilliant start to a fantastic weekend. 😀

No comments:

Post a Comment