Saturday 7 April 2018

Fundraising update

Last night I held a Sweetie Cocktails evening in the Book-ish Loft with the help of the lovely Adele Nozdar who kindly gave up her time to provide us with an entertaining recount of her national "research" tour of traditional sweetie making in the UK, which she undertook a few years ago.

I had bought the book for my Dad a few years ago as not only is he the biggest sweet demon in Wales, but I had previously enjoyed an evening of cocktails with Adele and felt I just had to do it again - this time with the aim of raising a few extra £'s for St David's Hospice.

The book is available in Bookish and all other good booksellers and it really does provide a nostalgic dip into the past, along with much to look forward to whilst recreating the old delights in your kitchen (possibly with the aid of dentures and a few new fillings but its all about moderation!)


There were 14 of us in total and we experienced the "Parma Violet"; Pineapple Cube and Kola Kube  concoctions and finally a slam shot of Turkish Delight topped with a Giant Chocolate Button.  My frayed muscle endings thoroughly enjoyed the sugar surge to the system and with the anecdotes of Adele's tour provided in her inimitable humorous style,  a thoroughly "sweet" evening was had by all.

We also managed to raise over £200 towards my fundraising target which I am overjoyed to report I have now exceeded! 






No comments:

Post a Comment