Wednesday 4 April 2018

Tapering.....and a new watch!

I must be honest, I am using this term with a sort of embarrassed look as it makes me sound like some sort of elite athlete and I definitely AM not!

I have however looked at the plans and listened to those who have had plenty of experience of running marathons and will admit that part of me is over the moon at the knowledge that I don't have to fit another long run in before the 22nd April.

SO - I am now "tapering".....did some interval work earlier and left a lung somewhere in a hedge but must say that the quicker shorter bursts were an interesting change to the general plod of late.

My trusty Forerunner 15 was no longer keeping its charge and threatening to dismiss my training record around the 22 mile mark (the thought of this happening in London was terrifying as everyone knows that if you don't upload to Strava, the run never took place...) so I have treated myself to a upgrade ready for the big day and am now in possession of the Forerunner 35. 

As usual, my geek interest is not remotely bothered about what the watch can potentially do but at least the new screen layout means that I can pace myself a little better....and I like the colour which daughter #2 says goes better with my leggings!


No comments:

Post a Comment