Tuesday 2 January 2018

Training has officially started

I have officially started the training schedule for London in as much as I left the house and went for a run.

There was no way that running was an option yesterday as I was still sweating Sambuca at 3pm.  I did however go for a lovely walk up the Table Mountain with the friends that helped me drink the Sambuca, so I counted that as "leg strength" training...



The run today was quite steady - a 50 min jaunt at 5:13/km pace.    I also bumped into a friend who completed the New York Marathon back in November so even managed to pick up some additional bonus tips on training.

Also wore my new Xmas Bluetooth running beanie which allowed me to run without faffy wires threatening to garrote me and must admit (as a non music runner) that for the long canal runs ahead, the ability to switch off and lose myself in a few tunes will come in handy.  My problem is though that I am still stuck in the 90's with regards to rave/dance so will have to fight the urge not to start adding a few additional moves with my arms.....

Next job this week is planning my fundraising events.   Most will involve alcohol 🍸

No comments:

Post a Comment