Tuesday 30 January 2018

Slower running is hard work.

I have recently chatted with a friend who is doing the Newport Marathon the weekend after London and realise that what I consider to be my gentle pace is still too fast for training towards the longer Marathon distance and I am therefore increasing the risk of over-training and potential injury.  (Please note that I am not a fast runner by any means!)

I am used to running using metric but nearly everybody else talks about average mile pace and being rather stubborn, I have instead used confusing conversion charts to try and work out what I should be running each km in/minutes.   Such a faff!  I might bore you more with this some other time.......


During my run tonight though, I gently came past Nevill Hall hospital and it made me stop and think about my Uncle, in whose memory I am running the London Marathon.   This NHS service, along with supporting organisations like St David's Hospice Care really did make the human difference to his life during his illness for which I will be eternally grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment