Saturday 13 January 2018

Talybont Reservoir Loop - First Long Run in ages!

This morning, I fought the usual desire to have a lie in and made it to Talybont to meet up with 6 other Parc Bryn Bach club members for my first long run since the Severn Bridge Half in August 2017.

User failure to operate my watch meant that I ended up recorded two separate runs but I can safely confirm that I did run a 14 mile route today with a lovely bunch of like minded running buddies that really did make all the difference.

Photo Credit: Robert Gale

I would be lying if I said that I did not start to ache a little towards the end of this run as there were a few nasty hills to contend with but I am well chuffed with my effort today.  Thanks Talybont Running Crew!

The bonus came at 11 miles when we passed a Fan Dance event re-fuel station.  I kid you not when I say that I almost wept with relief at the sight of a few little snacks!  The support team pretty much said eat as much as you want and as thanks, we offered to promote the Merthyr Half Marathon in appreciation.  It took every fibre in my body to stop myself gorging on the entire table of lovely flapjacks, jelly beans, peanuts and jaffa cakes, not to mention weeping on the lovely steward but my big girl running pants held up and we gently made it back to our start point

I used half a bag of Epsom Salts in my post run bath and tried really hard to spend some time stretching out after.....tiresome but I know that it's essential to do it.


Blister Update - the area was covered with some brilliant moleskin blister protection prior to the start of the run and I decided to use my old orthotics with a slightly thicker sock.   I did not feel any discomfort thankfully but it did grow in size.    Main thing is that its still in once piece :)

Now sipping a Gin and Tonic for essential re-hydration...I know it makes sense :)


No comments:

Post a Comment