Saturday 10 March 2018

Six weeks tomorrow!!

I cannot believe how the weeks are now on serious countdown until April 22nd.

I have been back on track (not literally as I am not a fan of the circular nasty) but I have managed to follow the plan this week for my morning wake up calls and run sessions. 

This morning was a long 19 miler which I started at Theatre Brycheiniog thanks to my lovely nearest and dearest dropping me off and I was sporting my blinged up training vest too.



As I set off, it then decided to hammer down with rain, pretty much for the duration of my journey.


I felt I connected with the forlorn solitary swan just after setting off...the rain drops were huge and the canal was more like a XC course. My poor new road trainers were NOT happy.


Coming in towards Pencelli - the River Usk below the canal was loud and rising fast due to recent snowfall and thaw.


The canal just outside Talybont resembled Wonka's Chocolate lake...again due to huge amounts of muddy run off coursing into the waterway.   


Some ickle twin lambs....I had to stop for a quick chat.


From previous experience, the above walk in Talybont is worth doing, especially when Spring is under way.  


Llangynidr Locks around mid way in the run.

 

I stopped at the above point to try the peanut stuffed dates I had made and packed into my rucksack....sadly they resembled small pellet turds by the time I fished them out.   They tasted good and didn't create havoc with my stomach but note to self - leave these in the fridge at home for next post-runs.

Nearly home!!!  My legs laughed at the speed sign....


River Usk at Crickhowell looking like Wonka's Chocolate Lake too by the time I crossed back over.

Finally made it home.



No comments:

Post a Comment