Monday 26 March 2018

Hangover 20.....

What I forgot to mention in my last post was how rough I felt upon waking up at Jans, after the successful fundraising event on Friday night.   A night of sipping gin and going to bed at 2am was not the best preparation for a long run on Saturday.   (I even had to go back to bed for 40 winks at Jan's before feeling well enough to drive home...)

Anyway, once home, my nearest and dearest (who without his support and understanding I could never achieve my training goals) kindly took the children off out and I headed out for the PUNISHMENT run.   I figured that the poor sleep (which I am likely to experience the night before the big race anyway) would act as a good measure of how I might react on the big day...not to mention coping with dehydration.

Water pack filled....I headed out.


I had a sheepish audience on the way.....much how I felt at the Mile 5 mark :(


Later, in my hangover haze, I noticed some signs saying, "FOOTPATH CLOSED - DO NOT PROCEED - DANGER OF DEATH" around the Llanfoist area but at this point, I was buggered if I was going to add extra miles to my route home by being forced to detour back on myself so I carefully proceeded whilst looking up.....


Sure enough - the danger was pretty real as electricity cables were being reeled in on these huge suspended wheels.....I sped up to get past quickly and tried not to look more stupid than I already felt as at one point, I do recall thinking about the chances of being fried by a rogue wire.

Mile 17 - probably the nearest I have ever been to try running and vomiting at the same time but I ploughed on and nibbled on a banana and carried on sipping gentle amounts of water which seemed to help.

Ended up doing 33 km (I think just over 20 miles); tired but still able to move and much easier run than last week in the snow.   



2 comments:

  1. Impressed. Hangover plus threat of electrocution and still running. Well done! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sarah, I've just been reading your blog and am truly impressed!!

    Keep up the good work, you've definitely got this nailed!

    How do I donate? I can't see any link? xx

    ReplyDelete