Sunday 18 March 2018

Beast from East v Chick from Crick

I was disappointed but not surprised to see the decision to cancel the San Domenico 20 mile race yesterday and the weather forecast was again correct.

VLM training stops for no woman however, so at 0830 this morning, I roused myself out of my lovely warm bed and pulled back the curtains to view the street and again the white stuff was covering the road and swirling around in windy puffs.

I had to try and get a long run in today and my mission was to hit the 20 mile mark so after a quick banana and a glass of water and getting my stuff ready, I was prepared.

The wind chill was offering a free skin exfoliation which was a nice touch I felt...





It supposed to be Spring......god knows what weather to expect on the 22nd April this year.

I started to flag considerably towards the end of my run back which given that I didn't really have breakfast, is no surprise but after smashing another frozen banana into me, I started to feel a little better.


Finally made it home and even better, my lovely in-laws had booked a table at The Bear for lunch so after a hurried stretch and quick bath, I was back out to walk into town for roast dinner and a G&T.  20 miles in the bag done.  👊

No comments:

Post a Comment