Monday 5 February 2018

Busy run day!

Phew - a draining day on the legs yesterday.

First off a XC race at Usk College for the Gwent Leisure Centre League series.  Rather muddy 7km ish route, a bit of a relentless hill and a fab soft downhill section where I saw many skid marks but of not the pants variety.  (I guess some of the skids may have resulted in a twitchy bot bot moment though...)


It was a little chilly but fabulous views towards Usk from the top ridge (after the climb). 


Bottom of the relentless hill.....  Both photos above courtesy of Andrew Jones - Parc Bryn Bach Running Club 


After a hasty boot wash at Usk College, which I must say was a godsend as it saved me the unenviable task when I got in and saved me clogging up the drain with soil, grass, poo etc, I quickly changed into a dry set of running kit, put my road shoes on and headed out for a 90min recovery run along the canal.




A beautiful afternoon but chilly.  The legs started to feel quite heavy by the 10km mark, not surprising so I tried a gel at the turnaround point of 45 mins.   I can honestly say that it felt like a cold slug going down my throat and the effect after 10 mins was enough for me to realise that I will NOT be using them during the marathon.  (You know I mentioned the twitchy bot bot earlier?....thankfully "that" feeling passed but not without some concern for my dignity and that of the poor walkers I occasionally passed.)

Final picture of me with the Gliffaes hotel in the background....I really fancied a Gin at this point!


No comments:

Post a Comment