Wednesday 6 December 2017

Gwent League XC - Pembrey 3rd December 2017

Oooh! - My first running post of December...the months are really starting to count down!

I have decided not to panic yet about fundraising and instead focus on getting Xmas done and dusted with my aim to start thinking of training proper in January.  (actually I am a bit nervous about raising £2k...especially as Christmas is upon us and everyone will be or about to be skint!)

At the moment, I am enjoying the chance to run for Parc Bryn Bach and on Sunday 3rd December, travelled with my lovely running friends to the scenic setting of Pembrey, just outside Llanelli.

Based on my trusty old Garmin Forerunner 15 - I clocked 6.2km with a time of 29:49 and given the  relatively dry, flat course, was pleased with my overall effort.

However, my addiction to marshmallows, the odd biscuit (pack) and little Xmas (and Autumn) treats in the office have seriously resulted in the creeping on of some extra poundage and today with my weekly "weigh-in" colleague, I have discovered that am the heaviest I have been since just after last Xmas!   


  Image result for scales
I know I need to stop eating crap sugary stuff but I just can't help myself so I think its time to get the Chimp Paradox book back out of the Local Library and start preparing to Train my chimp ready for the shock it MUST receive shortly.

The Chimp Paradox: The Acclaimed Mind Management Programme to Help You Achieve Success, Confidence and Happiness cover photo



No comments:

Post a Comment