Sunday 26 November 2017

It started to Snow.....

The opportunity to have a lie in on a Saturday morning is usually as rare as rocking horse pwp, mostly because the children (because its Sat) decide to get up earlier than the week days, play the Simpsons so loud its like having Homer in bed with you and the sibling quarrelling usually starts before 8am. 


Two of the tribe have weekly piano lessons and occasionally I will make an effort to travel up to Parc Bryn Bach for the Park Run.

This week, knowing that we had a full Sunday of sport for the two tribe elders (Hockey in Whitchurch and Football in Aber), I knew that the chance for a long Sunday run had to be stashed in somewhere on Saturday morning.

The sun was peeping out, there was a tint of blue sky and a hint of ice up on Llangattock Mountain so I knew it was going to be a little chilly up on higher ground.....

Below is a little collage of my morning out - note that little puff of cloud cover coming down....

Started Sleeting.....


I did not sign up for this!

Washed daps on route
Ended up doing about 12 km but it was hard going.  I had planned on heading up to Pen Alt Mawr and heading back to the Table Mountain but my directional skills in poor weather are notorious and an afternoon without children meant a Gin and Tonic had my name on it back at The Bear!   

I am a committed athlete. 💪🏃

No comments:

Post a Comment