Monday 11 December 2017

SNOW RUN!

Its quite rare to have snow in December, especially in Crickhowell but the weekend forecast was snow, and the heavens delivered!

Many races and events were cancelled this weekend, including the weekly local Park Run but I had to venture out....not least because I had a few G & T's the night before and felt a bit fuzzy!

Its a lovely route and the hideous hill climb from the Canal up to the Hillside car park is worth the views and near cardiac arrest at various stages on the way up.   I was particularly pleased to see that the segment which is posted on Strava is named "I HATE THAT HILL".....and I have to agree!

But feast on these lovely photos!


 The Hillside Mission church is a haven for roosting bats and is managed by The Vincent Wildlife Trust


 Views out towards Llangattock Cave Network



 Looking back towards Llangattock Escarpment


The peril of trail running.....the unseen briar caught my trusty bobble!

The run was a 14km slow 1:41 trudge (average pace of 7.14/km)  as the conditions underfoot were largely unseen along the cave ridge and elsewhere, very muddy and wet.   However, loved every minute of it 😍

No comments:

Post a Comment