Thursday 23 November 2017

In Your Element - Black Mountains Trail Race 2017


Location:   Crickhowell - Llanbedr - Crickhowell

Trail Length: Out and back 9 Miles

November 19th 2017


This was a fantastic trail route which was made better as I only had to walk to the registration desk and start line from my front door, on what was probably one of the loveliest Autumnal days this month has been able to offer.

There were about 300 runners booked onto the event and it was really well organised by Element Active Ltd.   It was the first time I had used the little dongle orienteering type check chip markers otherwise known as SI-Cards and I loved the fact that my result was instantly printed at the goody bag table!



I would thoroughly recommend this race and route to anyone who enjoys an off road experience (there were a few road sections) and whilst a little gnarly in places, with a tidy pair of fell/off-road trainers it was quite comfortable on the limbs.  This is certainly going to be one of my many weekend runs over the forthcoming winter months.


No comments:

Post a Comment